Monday, April 2, 2012

Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls



Growing up my mom made cinnamon rolls a couple times a year on a Sunday.  They were delicious and they took about four hours to make, a long and laborious process!  I know because I've made them myself and I can't usually wait that long.  
I just bought a huge bag of  frozen Rhodes Rolls from Costco and figured I could use that dough.   

First off, thaw 1 dozen rolls but don't let them rise.  This will take less than an hour.  Mush them all together into one big dough ball and then roll it out on your flour dusted counter into a rectangle.


This is the good part! 
1/2 cup brown sugar
  1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter melted

Pour 2/3 of the melted butter onto the rectangle and spread, then sprinkle the sugars and cinnamon after combined all over and roll it up and pinch the loaf closed.  Then slice the loaf into 1" rolls using heavy duty thread or a serrated knife.



Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray and lay the rolls in the pan and cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.  Let rise until double in size.

Pour remaining butter over top and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 mins.  

Cover with glaze.  Eat warm and enjoy the yummy goodness!

Glaze Recipe
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3-6 Tbsp warm water

Whisk together and pour over cinnamon rolls.

xo
Melanie


1 comment:

  1. I had leftover dough from making beirocks. Thanks for the post. I had everything to make these. Never made them before. They turned out just right. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete