Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lemon Cupcakes and a retreat for me!


Why is it that everything lemon is so tasty?  The zesty sweet citrus flavor is one of my favorites, next to coconut of course.  My cute friend and neighbor Christin made this recipe for our neighborhood recipe group back in February, and I think I ate three slices of cake!

I decided to do a cupcake version so I could take some to our new neighbors that just moved in and for portion control for me and my family.  They did turn out a little messy with the cupcake liners so next time I make this recipe I will probably do it in a 9 x 13 but they did look cool with glaze dripping on the wrapper.  And as always, I froze half of the finished goodies so I wouldn't be compelled to eat them before they go bad.  




Shh...don't tell my trainer Jill, but this little cupcake has so much flavor and is so great tasting it was worth cheating just a little on my diet!

Here's the recipe:

1 Lemon or Yellow cake mix 
  (I used yellow because it's what I had on hand and I couldn't taste the difference.)
1 Lemon Jello Pudding mix (small size)
1/4 C. Flour
1 C. Water
3/4 C. Oil
4 Eggs
1 Tbsp. Lemon Extract
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
8 Tbsp. Lemon Juice

Mix cake mix, jello and flour.  In a separate bowl mix water, oil, 4 eggs and lemon extract.  Combine and pour into cupcake liners or 9 x 13 greased pan.  Bake at 350 for 16-20 mins for cupcakes and 20-30 mins for 9 x 13.  Remove from oven and bump cake pan to make cake fall.  Poke holes in cake.  I used a straw.  Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together and pour over warm cake.  Let cool and enjoy!




I have some happy news, I'm attending the Breathing Space blogger retreat in May and I couldn't be more excited to be surrounded by talented people and attend some amazing classes!


And the best part?  It's being held in my hood...



Can't wait to share all the fun things I get to do with you!

xo
Mel





2 comments:

  1. I too ate three pieces of this cake at the recipe group! and i've made it about 4 times since. i love love love it and its soo easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake look amazing! I am so glad I found your cute blog and can't wait to meet you at the Breathing Space Retreat!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete